Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Powerful Testimony

Family!!!!

How in the world are all of you?? Can you believe it... 3 weeks in. FINALLY!!!  Life is wild here! I feel as if in 3 weeks I get to come home, but that’s false. My work actually begins in 3 weeks haha. Pretty crazy if you ask me?

First things first... VIVA BRASILLL!!!!! Brazil took home the gold in the Olympic and everyone went nuts. I don’t know how the Brazilians knew before the fireworks and horns and festivities late that night.. but I heard them in the halls before anything. They must just know with their hearts. haha! pretty wild!! but there were fireworks, horns, and all sorts of crazy things. We were in mid lesson and everyone bailed out and ran to the top floor to watch the craziness. My teacher wasn't too happy.. but it was awesome!! 

Today we went to the Sao Paulo temple for the first time. all of the other times we went to Campinas. It was absolutely amazing!! The spirit is so strong there and it is the perfect place to lay it all out to the Lord. I love the temple.. it makes me feel like I am home. It brings me so much joy and so much happiness!! I absolutely love the temple with all my heart. I challenge you all to go when you get the chance. There is no greater place to be. But a pretty cool thing happened today. We were walking back to the bus, and I saw Malaspina.  He is so great!!  He was so happy to see me and I was pumped to see him. He wouldn't speak any English to me, but I kind of understood him. It just caught me by surprise. I got a pic with him, but I can’t send it from here. He has a pic of us, so if Dad would like to contact him I am sure he would send it to you. 

Elder Abel with Cezare Malaspina
He's a friend and missionary companion of Brad's who lives in SãPaulo


Last Saturday we went Proselyting. It was such a neat experience. It was down pouring and it was crazy.. but it was so neat. We had 6 book of Mormons (books of Mormon for you Best Two Years peeps) to hand out.. and we had like an hour to do so. In the first hour we got rejected countless times.. then in the last 10 minutes we handed out 4. I lead the conversation in one, and the dude totally wanted to hear more. I could understand all that he was saying, and it was such a confidence booster. I have the whole story in detail coming your way through letters. I am praying they get to you guys!! Postal services are a little sketchy and there are A LOT of solid stuff in there.

I have ran out of time, but I would just like to leave with my testimony. I want you guys to know that Heavenly Father really is there. I have leaned on him for so much this last week and I feel so much love and comfort. I can feel your prayers, and I am so grateful for you guys and the amazing examples and support you show. I want you to know that all is well here and that the spirit is amazing. God lives and Jesus is the Christ, the savior and redeemer of the world. I feel so blessed with the opportunity to serve, and there is nothing that makes me happier. I love it so much and will defend it in any moment of time. Nothing brings greater joy than the Gospel. I am excited to share that with people in a few short weeks. I love you so much and hope all is well. I hope you all know that I think about you guys daily and pray for your well-being. You guys mean the world to me and I truly miss you guys like crazy! This work that I am doing makes missing you a lot easier. I have felt the overwhelming feeling that I am needed here. I have things that I need to do and people I need to meet. It brings me such joy to think of the lives that can be changed from this gospel and how my life will be changed. 

May you guys have a wonderful week and smile lots for me because you are amazing!! I love you all so so so MUUCCCHHHH!!! Thanks for all you do and the amazing people you are.. I am blessed with the best.. (:

I LOVE YOU!! 

Love your happy.. and anxious Elder... Elder Sky Abel! (:
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment