Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

God gives me strength to do ALL things

Holy flip!! I MISS YOU ALL MORE THAN IT IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!!! There is not a day that goes by that I am not thinking of all of you. You guys are just the absolute greatest in every way!! thanks for all the E-mails. You guys are too good to me. (:

Thanks for the E-mails. I want to just quickly apologize that I won’t be able to respond to all the mail. This 45 minutes goes by so fast!! I don’t quite understand how, but it does. Feel free to send as long of letters as you want though because I am taking pics of them on my camera and will read them when I get the chance.. Then I will try and answer your questions next week. Any other 45 minutes in the Mish Prison life is like the longest ever!! so I am sorry if I don’t respond, I just want you to know that I love you all sooo much!!!

But how is everyone?? How's the last couple weeks? Is Tay engaged? Is Aim, Reese, Kaylee, anyone pregnant? How's my cute nieces and nephews? How's EVERYONE??? Have you all been smiling a lot?? Because if you haven't I need to ask why? We are blessed beyond measure. We have a loving family and a loving Father in Heaven. We are a part of the only true and living church and all is well. A quote I heard this last Sunday from Brother Avila was.. "You need to smile. Not just on your face, but in your heart." It is so true!! Always smile! Life is perfect and we are blessed more than we will ever give ourselves credit for.  So I want you guys to take some time to watch PATTERNS OF LIGHT by Elder Bednar. A great quote from him that he said is.. "The light of Christ is what influences us and pulls us to do good and become good."  (Bednar) It is such a great video, and please check it out and tell me how ya feel about it?

So this last week was pretty rough!! The language is hard and the week is long! I don't know what to expect with the language, but it just doesn’t seem to be coming. I struggle communicating. But I had a neat experience. We were teaching our fake investigator, and I straight bore my testimony. I brought the guy to tears and it was just really neat. The gift of tongues is real and I know that because I can feel it. I feel so blessed to understand what they are saying. I am just working on how to respond haha. But it will come. Nothing too special happened this last week. I heard news about the Olympics.. so that was cool.  It is just the same ole same ole here. Same breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and the same schedule. I love it and hate it. There are times I want to just give up.. go home.. and start my life. Then I realize how important this is and how blessed I am to be here. As well as how this is my start of my life. I have grown so much and I feel like I have been here a solid 3 years! I love the spirit and I love the badge on my heart and what it stands for!

I want to share with you all a scrip. ALMA 26:11-12. This is what gave me strength this last week and what will throughout my mish. Everything is so difficult.. but God truly gives me strength to endure. I am truly nothing here.. but through God and His love.. I am something. God gives me strength to do all things.. and if it be His will then I will learn the language and bless the lives of others.. as they truly bless mine. He gives me strength to do the things and be the person I am. There is nothing that I would rather boast about then God and this wonderful Gospel. I truly have been humbled this past week.. and I know I still have a lot to learn and a lot to do in the MTC before the real work begins. Everything is possible if we just have faith. Have faith in God and have faith that He is and always will be who gets us through our trials, challenges, hardships, and all else. He loves us and there is nothing greater than that love and assurance that he is always there. You are never alone no matter how alone you feel. 

I would like to close with a quote from a talk with Holland... he said.. "God's opportunity is man's extremity." That can't be more true!! What an opportunity that I have to be out here serving, I have learned so much and it has been amazing! but boy is it extremely difficult. The best part about the extremes.. is that it is extremely worth it. I miss you all like crazy.. but to think of all that I have learned and how I have been humbled and changed throughout this past weeks.. it is just amazing! I am blessed and I can't describe how much you all mean to me. Thanks for all your love and prayers. I can feel them in everyday.. and with you all.. I can make it through.

Thanks for all the examples that you are and the blessing you all are. I look up to you so much and am proud of what you are becoming and what you are doing with your lives. Keep being you and smile because life is great!!

I miss you all tons and I LOVE YOU MORE THAN EVER!!!! Keep sending mail because you guys are my medicine through the rough times. I love you and can’t wait to chat next week! xoxoxo!

Love your crazy and humbled Elder... Elder Skylar Abel (:


P.S.-Thanks for all you do! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment