Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Brazil is lit!

Hello my amazing family!!

What a blessing it is to arrive here in Brazil safe and sound. There are quite the amount of missionaries that I was able to travel with, and I made a lot of new friends. Some that will be serving all throughout Brazil and some serving in Argentina leaving from the Provo MTC. Truly such a blessing to hear their reasons why they are here, and see exactly what it took for them to get here. Their testimonies are strong, and so is the spirit. I am truly privileged to be a missionary and to serve in such a beautiful place. All is well with me and I am having a lot of fun! I am anxious to get things going, but nervous about what is to come.
So my P-day will be on Wednesday`s starting next week. I know.. You amazing people don`t get to hear from me for a whole week.. it may be a little rough but I will live haha. My companion is Elder Allred. He lived in Highland and traveled with me all the way here. I am also roomed with Elder Pulley, and Elder Moore. All four of these Elders will be serving with me in the South mission. Seriously such great men and I got lucky to have such studs as roomies and comps. 

I would like to apologize for the short phone call when I reached Atlanta. There were like ZERO phones and we had ZERO time. Luckily Elder Moore let me use his phone as we were boarding to let Mom and Dad know that I made it safe. I am sorry for the rest of you that I didn`t get to call. I honestly wanted to.. but just didn`t have the time or the resources. 
I want you all to know that I am happy being here. I am grateful for all of you and the amazing examples that you are. I had a lot of time to think on the plane rides, and I just love you all. You guys have seriously always been there for me and I stand as a missionary today because of YOU!! Thanks for all that you do and the love you have for this Gospel. I have been a missionary for a little amount of time and I have felt the spirit like never before. It is an amazing blessing to be able to serve the Lord and I look forward to share the blessings that come from it with you guys. You guys are amazing and I am blessed beyond measure. I hope all is well and I will talk to you next Wednesday. I love you all soo much! Thanks for everything!! (:

Love your most favorite missionary.. Elder Abel!




No comments:

Post a Comment