Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

P.S. Send Clean Clothes!!!

Family.. How in the world are you doing?? Great news.. I am doing really well. I won't lie to you, that was the longest week of my entire life and I miss you all more than you guys even know!! But can I just quickly tell you how blessed I am to be here? I am so richly blessed with the powerful spirit that I have overwhelmingly been blessed with this past week. I knew it was going to be a rough week.. but it was like every time something would bring me down, I would be pushed right back up. There was an experience where I was really down on myself with the language. We had 3 minutes to teach the Restoration and I couldn't think of a single word in Portuguese. In that moment I just broke. I just Niagara falled as I couldn't do it. I had a feeling of giving up. Then a few minutes after that I was able to bear a testimony in Portuguese and feel of the spirit so strongly. About a minute after that, one of my teachers came in and talked about why we shouldn;t be sad. He didn;t even know how much I needed that. He told us that why should we be sad when we are so richly blessed? Why should we be sad when we have a roof over our head, a badge of the Savior over our heart, and love and support not only from home but from the heavens. He told us that there was no reason to be sad. Everything is good and we are blessed more than we think. It was so cool! It was like Heavenly Father saying, ``Here this is just what you need.`` I truly am so blessed. I am blessed with health and strength and love and support from my amazing family. There is no reason to be sad, because everything is going to be okay because Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy. I want you guys to think about that for a bit. 

So.. I don't have much time to write in the CTM (PRISON). I only have 45 minutes so I might not be able to write everyone back, so I am sorry ahead of time. But I am having a lot of fun here. My companion is totally dope!! As well as my whole district! It’s almost like I have known these guys since birth. All of us are just best of buddies and just laugh like every minute. They make being so far from home okay. And I couldn't imagine this journey without them.

So the CTM is good. I mean it is totally a prison and I totally just wanna get outta here already, but it is good because of the people. I feel like I know nothing about the outside world. I am 2 hours from the Olympics and know NOTHING! Hopefully Hillary isn't burning down the USA or Taylor is married. haha! For reals though. O: Everyone is so welcoming and I have enjoyed the people that are in here. The teachers, roommates, comp.. everything is good. The food is delicious. There are A LOT of rice and beans. Dad was right.. Every. Single. Meal.! The classes are hard and everything is in Portuguese but things are going good. I am struggling with the language, but hey.. It’s been a week.

I am always thinking of you guys. I pray for your safety, health, strength, love, and support. I also pray that you guys have a peace of heart and mind that all is well here. Everything is good and I am safe. I may be struggling with the language or just feeling as low as possible but it is you guys and the spirit that puts me back up. I can feel your prayers, your love and support, and I can feel the Saviors love. I want you all to know that Heavenly Father is always there, He loves us and wants what’s best for us. There is nothing better than striving each and every day to become what he wants us to be. I love this gospel and I love this church. There is no better work and no better place for me right here. It feels like it has been a year already.. but my work has just begun. Thanks for all that you guys do for me and for being so amazing in all that you do. I am richly blessed and so are you. Just remember that and know that you are never alone. Just one prayer away from comfort and safety and peace. I love you all so much and hope that everything is well with you and your families. I can`t wait to talk to you next week because 45 minutes just isn't enough. Thanks for everything!! I miss you guys like crazy and want you to know that.. I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCCHHH!!! 

Love your favoritest missionary ever who is keeping Brazil lit... Elder Abel 

P.S-  Send clean clothes because I don´t like doing laundry. Also send lots of pics because miss your faces!! Remember that I am just one letter away. I love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment