Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 14, 2017

A very HAPPY Missionary!

HOLY FLIPPITY FLAPPITY!!
THIS WAS THE LONGEST FEW DAYS OF MY LIFE... BUT SOOO AMAZING!!!!

First things first... the subject of this e-mail. My Companion is Elder Judd and he is from Mesa, Arizona.
He is going to the Brazil Campinas Mission and is a total stud! We literally laugh like 24/7... mixed with a little bit of work for the Lord and our Mom's of course. Ü I am the district leader over the MTC District. I don't know if I can take this as a compliment though, because it is literally only me and Elder Judd in our District. Yes you read that right.. 2 of us in one zone and he is supposed to leave in a few weeks if his Visa arrives. Leaving me as a solo missionary. So I guess pray for me that he doesn't get his visa or I get mine. The rest of our Portuguese Zone left today besides some other Brazil visa waiters, so we are the examples now I guess.

How about how blessed I am? Upon arrival we came up to my classroom and the teacher was speaking Portuguese and Portuguese ONLY!! I pretty much understood like all of it and I was answering and everything. It was incredible and I truly do believe that God gave me that moment to show me that He is aware of me, my sacrifice, and all that I am doing and serving. The gift of tongues is real. While we are on this subject.. I have a pretty crazy story! Elder Judd and I have been speaking Portuguese as much as we can because of SYL (speak your language) and we were like completely shattering our minds because we had done so much work and just were getting stir crazy and going insane. So I told Elder Judd to come on a walk with me and so we went for a walk and without realizing it... we spoke PORTUGUESE for like 10 minutes. When we finally realized what we were doing we looked at each other and I teared up a bit. This is our first week and we already have been introduced to the Gift of Tongues. We were so grateful for that moment and the opportunity that we had to humble ourselves and give all of the credit to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I literally have been so blessed ever since I have been set apart as a missionary. I know that God is aware of me and His hand is in all that I do. It is simply amazing!!

He knows us. He is aware of us and loves us. All He wants us to do is submit to Him and do all that is needed to return to live back with Him. I love this church and I love my calling. I KNOW that I am called of God. I am here to embark on a service that is needed in this world wherever I am called to serve.. As hard as it is to be away, I know I am where I need to be.

I would like to finish by sharing a quote from Elder Bednar from Characters of Christ. He says.. "A testimony will never be enough, but if we are converted unto the Lord.. I PROMISE that you will never fall away. Conversion is consistently being true to what you know and the testimony you have. The Character of Christ turns outward, as the natural man would turn inward." You guys.... If we can do as Elder Bednar says and become converted rather than just have a testimony, I know that we will be better disciples of Christ. I know that oftentimes we tend to do as the "natural man" would, and turn inward rather than outward. But I know that as we look for opportunities to serve, and be like the example that Jesus Himself, we will become all that God wants us to become and be able to finish our earthly mission with smiles and confidence.

I love you guys soo much and thank you for your prayers. You all are so special to me and mean the world to me in ways that you would never imagine. Thank you soo much for your love and support. You guys make me smile. Smile for me today, and throughout your week. You rock my world.. I love you! Ü

Love your happy and excited missionary, Elder Abel Ü



No comments:

Post a Comment