Elder Skylar Abel
Brazil São Paulo South Mission
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159
8° Andar
Parque Jabaquara
04344-010 São Paulo- SP
Brazil

skylar.abel@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 11, 2017

Last week in the MTC!

Hello!

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple this morning. It really is such a blessing to be able to attend the temple. While I was in the Celestial room, I said a prayer and then just randomly opened up the scriptures to a random verse. I landed on 2 Corinthians 5. My eyes went to verse 7.. and then directly across to verse 17. It was exactly what I needed. It reads: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:), 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Faith is so incredibly important in this Gospel. It takes a lot of faith to be a member of the church, but a little bit of faith goes along way. This past week I have felt pretty inadequate. I felt like Satan was just on my back trying to pull me down and make me feel like I wasn't worth anything......using my past mistakes to make me feel worthless and feel like I wasn't enough. I prayed for the help of Heavenly Father, and prayed for the Atonement to help me. I realized that my faith was just a little too weak. I needed to show more faith and do something a little extra to prove that I have trust in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and His Atonement. As I humbled myself and tried harder the next day to become a little more Christ-like, I could feel so much love and comfort of our Savior. This was exactly what I needed. I realized that we are not always helped out exactly when we need it. Of course our Heavenly Father will never leave us alone, but sometimes we need to put in a little more effort and become a little more Christ-like to show that we are weak without Heavenly Father and Christ. I know as we center our lives a little more on Christ, and obey and trust our Heavenly Father, that we will be blessed and better off. Each and everyday we have the wonderful opportunity to forget the "old things" and "become new." I love this Gospel. I love the joy that it brings into my life and the happiness I feel as I am anxiously becoming the best I can be as a missionary and a saint. The Temple is so amazing! I challenge you to go this week, because we are so blessed to have it so close to us. Pour out your soul in prayer and open the scriptures for an answer.. if you have faith, I know that it will be answered. God is great and WANTS to help us. Just let Him and Christ into your life, and watch the blessings and miracles come. Elder Oaks said this week at our Tuesday Devotional.. "We must have a mighty change of heart. Desire what is right, and pray for help." I know that to be true. I love being a missionary and I love the opportunity that I have to share the truth to the people that need it most. I am so excited to get out there and serve this next week. There is nothing that is more needed in this corrupt world. God lives and Jesus is the Christ.

Pray for everything to go smoothly with my visa. The Lord knows where I need to be, and I have full faith in Him and the assignment that awaits me whether it is in Brasil or somewhere in the US. I know there are those who are being prepared as we speak. I also know that they aren't being prepared for me to teach them, but for the Spirit to teach them. I am just an instrument to their conversion. I am one lucky and blessed Elder.
I love you!! Ü

Love, Elder Abel


Always proud to be a UTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment